Monday, July 28, 2008

Thoughts are Things

Note:  This is a lesson that I wrote as an assignment for the 30-day Mental Cleanse offered by Mentoring for Free.  This lesson is based on what I received from my reading of Chapter 1 of THINK AND GROW RICH, by Napoleon Hill:

Thoughts are things, very important things.  For it is by our thoughts that we create our life.   I am amazed that I have gone through so much of my life not realizing just how important thoughts are.  I have ALLOWED so many thoughts to make home in my mind over the years it makes me sick…literally!

No one told me how to control my thoughts and just how POWERFUL they are.  They can give you life or kill you.  Thoughts can bring wealth, love, joy, peace, or take it all away and leave you in poverty, worry, doubt, fear, and turmoil.  It’s only a thought; but WOW, how powerful a single thought can be!

I love the story about Edwin C. Barnes.  Here is a man with a definite thought that became emotionalized into a burning desire.  That emotionalized thought mingled with his determination to be Thomas Edison’s business partner made it all come into being.  It was impossible to be any other way.  He didn’t LET obstacles get in his way.  His burning desire mowed down every obstacle until his dream became a reality.

The same was true for Henry Ford.  He wanted the impossible: 8-cyliders in a single block.  All the “professionals” told him it couldn’t be done, but did that stop Mr. Ford?  Nothing can stop a person with an emotionalized thought that has been worked up into burning desire and faith to know that what is not seen, IS.  Wow!

Now lets talk about me.  I have had desires in the past, but at the first sign of frustration, I quickly dropped what I wanted.  At the first word of criticism, I threw in the towel.  I was like the gold miner, who, as long as “some” gold could be found was happy and on fire.  However, when the “gold” quit coming up, I quit!  I probably quit just a few days, week, or months short of a major success.  I will never allow that to happen again.

Well, since being involved with Mentoring for Free and all the great people there, I have DETERMINED not to give up again.  I have a thought, just a thought, to experience massive success.  I have been able to turn that thought into a burning desire.  Many times I feel like Edwin Barnes must have felt working for Thomas Edison all those months, “Will my desire ever come to pass?”  However, this time it’s different.  There is a “knowing” that what I desire has already happened.  I just await its manifestation.  I am determined to build a strong, and successful network marketing organization and bring lots of others with me.  I am determined to reach financial freedom and will keep on keeping on UNTIL the time of manifestation. 

Why do I feel this way?  Because I have read, seen, and heard other people doing it.  If they can, I will.  I am spending time working on me.  I am monitoring my thoughts and filling my mind with what is possible and keeping it off the bad news being circulated by our media and negative “friends.”  Wow, all things ARE possible to the one who believes.  

No comments: