Thursday, July 10, 2008

Fear: False Evidence Appearing Real

I just received an email that used fear to promote their nutritional products. Fear has it's place, but I hate it when people use it to promote their agenda. I would rather see that person promote their products by telling of the health benefits of using them.

In the days of old, sales people used fear to get customers to buy their products. In my profession, the residential sales reps would plant the fear of being burglarized, raped, or killed to sell security systems. Since I hated those tactics, I never participated in them.

The fact is, fear is a great motivator, but I would rather focus on what I desire than what I fear. Most feelings of fear are actually False Evidence Appearing Real. Most fears will never be realized UNLESS they are dwelled upon over a period of time and planted into the subconscious mind. Most fears are just illusions; they are not real. Fears come from improper focus, so if you want to get rid of the feelings of fear, just change your focus. If you don't want to experience what you fear; stop dwelling on that thing you fear. People that fear cancer or other diseases should just focus on the health they have and do things that promote good health. Why get youself all worked up over something that has not happened and may never happen?

I would rather motivate myself and others with the things that are good in life. I would rather chase fear away by focusing on what I desire in my life. I love day dreaming about the things I desire. When thoughts of fear arise, I just change my focus toward my dreams and goals.

Did you ever engage in a conversation and get interrupted by someone then forget what you were discussing after that interrupton abated? You can treat fear or any other negative emotion the same way. Then fear comes, interrupt it with something positive. It works for me!

In building a home based business, fears do arise. Banish them by focusing on your DESIRES! Read good books, listen to positive speaking, and surround yourself with people that will inspire you to greatness.

I belong to a great organization that will do just that. It's called Mentoring for Free. Mentoring for Free is a FREE program designed to help fellow network marketers succeed. To find out more, contact me anytime. Together we can banish your fears on get you on the road to success.

No comments: