Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Law of Authenticity

This is the forth in a series of articles based on the book, THE GO-GIVER by Bob Burg and John David Mann.

The Law of Authenticity states that that most valuable gift you have to offer is yourself.

When I was young, I always strived to be “like someone else.”  I had action hero’s or friends who I wanted to be like.  As I grew older that didn’t change.  I wanted to be like so-and-so.  I wish I were a gifted as “that person.”  I wish I had a body like that guy.  I never felt totally comfortable in my own skin.  I was shy and timid and concerned about what “they” thought about me.

Then one day it dawned on me, I am find just the way I am.  God made me and there is NO ONE like me.  I am unique with unique gifts and talents.  There is nothing wrong with me.  I can be me, and when I am; I am the happiest.

There is nothing worse than trying to be someone you are not.  Today I am altogether different.  I love who I am.  I am thankful for what I have and love to use my gifts and talents to make others lives a little bit better.

People hate fake plastic people.  Be authentic.  Be YOU.  There is NOTHING wrong with YOU.  You are perfect just the way you are.  When you are authentic, people sense it and are very receptive to you.  Are you real?  Don’t try to be anything but YOU.

I personal do no care what people think about me.  What’s important is that I am comfortable with me and living the life that God designed me to live.  How about you?  Are you trying to be someone or something that you are not?  Are you ACTING instead of living a life of authenticity?  Stop beating yourself up; accept that fact that you are perfect just the way you are.  Sure, you need to grow, but grow according to God’s design for you and not according to the opinions of others.

In network marketing, or any other endeavor for that matter, the most important thing you can offer is YOURSELF; just be YOU.  Be genuine and real.  Be open and honest and you will go far.  Practice the Law of Authenticity and you will be well on your way to a life of stratospheric success.

No comments: